>> About Us
Mahendra & Young Knowledge Foundation|
(A Not for Profit Public Charitable Trust) Mahendra & Young Knowledge Foundation, (MYKF) was established in 1999 with a view to become an active institution in the 'Knowledge Era'. The objective of the Foundation (MYKF) is to create new "Knowledge” capture it and disseminate this Knowledge. Few of the thrust areas of the Foundation are :
The Foundation (MYKF) engages itself in "Creating & Furthering Knowledge" in the above areas by organising forums, round tables, seminars & conferences and conducts research at national, as well as regional level. The knowledge so created is captured and disseminated by way of certain publications & CD-ROM's. In order to disseminate the knowledge to larger audience Foundation has posted very valuable information on it's Website.
- Governance (Corporate Governance as well as Public Governance)
- WTO related issues (Intellectual Property Rights / Patent Literacy)
- Strategic & International Management.
Best Management Institute Award : Awards are a good way of encouraging & recognizing those individuals & Institutions, who are doing significant work in their respective areas. The Foundation has instituted The Best Management Institute Award in 1999. This award is sponsored by Mr. M.K. Chouhan, Chairman, Mahendra & Young Knowledge Foundation, in the memory of his father late Shri N.H.Chouhan, who was an Educationist & "Sahitya Ratna" (Jewel of Literature). The award is given every year to the Management Institute / Business School, that has made the most significant contribution to the quality of management education. The award has been instituted under the aegis of Bombay Management Association (BMA), which India's most premier management Association, by donating a corpus by the Foundation. Award comprises of a 'Revolving Trophy & a Citation' for the winning Institute. Foundation also funds research by a full time faculty of winning management Institute, on one of the thrust areas every year.
The Juries :
As the award has been instituted under the aegis of Bombay Management Association (BMA), the juries in the Founding year were ;
Sub Committee :
- Mr. A. M. Naik- MD & CEO Larsen & Toubro (Chairman of the committee)
- Mr. Kumar Mangalam Birla - Chairman, Aditya Birla Group.
- Mr. M. S. Banga - Chairman Hindustan Lever Ltd. (Unilever Group Company)
- Mr. Deepak Parikh - Chairman HDFC Ltd.
- Mr. S Ramadorai-President -Tata Consultancy Services
- Mr. Homi Khushrookhan - Managing Director Tata Tea Ltd.
- Dr. Ram Tarneja - former MD Bennett & Coleman India Ltd. (Times of India)
- Mr. M.K Chouhan - Chairman Mahendra & Young Knowledge Foundation.
- Mr. Minoo Davar - Managing Director DEECO INDL SUPPLIES P. Ltd.
- Mr. R.R. Nair- Advisor Hindustan Lever Ltd.
- Dr. Bharat K. Singh. - President Birla Management Center
The award for the year 1999, was bagged by Jamanalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS). The trophy & citation was presented to Mrs.Vijaya Manerikar–Director JBIMS, at the hands of Dr.Bimal Jalan–Governor Reserve Bank of India. (RBI), at a well-attended function on the 26th June 2000 at the Crystal room–Hotel Taj Mahal, Bombay.
Seminars Organised by the Foundation :
First Seminar on "International Trends in 'Corporate Governance
Some Recommendations for India" on 16th August 1999 at Hotel Taj Bombay. It was jointly organised by Mahendra & Young Knowledge Foundation, Bombay Management Association (BMA), USIS and Indo- American Chamber of Commerce. The Seminar was addressed by very eminent faculties like;
Second Seminar on "International Trends in 'Corporate Governance
- Ms. Carolyn Kay Brancato - Director of the Global Corporate Governance Research Centre, Conference Board - USA.
- Mr. M.K. Sharma- Director Legal and Secretarial - Hindustan Levers Ltd.
- Mr. Basudeb Sen- Executive Director - UTI
- Mr M .K. Chouhan - Chairman Mahendra & Young Knowledge Foundation
Some Recommendations for India" on 18th September 2000 at Hotel Taj Bombay. It was jointly organised by Mahendra & Young Knowledge Foundation, Bombay Management Association (BMA), and Indo - American Chamber of commerce. The Seminar was addressed by very eminent faculties like;
Mr.M.K.Chouhan making a point at the seminar on "International Trends in Corporate Governance" on 18th September 2000 at Hotel Taj Mahal, Bombay. Other speakers seen in the picture are Mr.Deepak Satwalekar, MD, HDFC LTD. (First from left) Mr.Foledar, from Tata Sons and Mr.Minoo Shroff, Vice Chairman, Raymond Ltd
- Sir Adrian Cadbury - Author Cadbury code U.K.
- Mr. Deepak Satwalekar- MD, HDFC & Chairman Audit Committee- Infosys
- Mr. M.K.Sharma - Vice Chairman Hindustan Levers
- Mr. M.K.Chouhan - Chairman Mahendra & Young Knowledge Foundation
- Mr. Minoo Shroff - Vice Chairman Raymond Limited
The Foundation needs blessings and support from one & all for achieving its objective.
For more details Please contact
Mahendra & Young Knowledge Foundation(MYKF)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org